Monday, February 9, 2015

This to Shall Pass

#TeamToughCookie it has been a long time since I've provided an update and that's because the last few months have been very difficult for me.  It has taken me a few months to return to myself because I have been in a very dark place.  With the news of a new diagnosis and the lost of some special people, I could not find myself in a place to share with you all what I've been going through.

Last month we found out that the cancer is now in a few of my bones.  They did restage me, however as a believer, I will not accept the new staging as gospel.  The Lord, my God is bigger than any diagnosis.  My trust is in the good Lord for healing and restoration.  I see this place in my life as a journey to healing that the Lord will bring to fruition.

I know many of you will have lots of questions and will be concerned.  Know that I am in good spirit, I'm in a great head space, and physically I have more good days then bad.

Here is where we are physically, my first step is to focus on 2 small spots found on my spine.  Those two spots have the potential to grow and impair my ability to walk.  The only options I had were major surgery or radiation therapy.  As opposed I am to radiation, it was the best option for this situation.  I will have 5 radiation treatments over the next 2 weeks starting today.

As my journey continues, I will get  back to keeping you guys in the loop.  I know that the Lord has a plan for this journey.  I still don't know what it's purpose, but I am grateful that in this place, I have a relationship with Him, which helps me to remember that He is in control and that He can do anything but fail.  I stand on my favorite scripture, "In ALL things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and have been called according to His purpose," (Romans 8:28)

I am going to continue to solicit your love, support, and prayers for me and my family.  I love you guys!!!!

#atoughcookiechronicles
#healingisontheway
#thistoshallpass

7 comments:

Kimmy said...

Markell you are a #toughcookie both natural and spiritual. I pray the Lord give you and your hubby the much needed strength for the journey. Love you -kim

Concepts Productions said...

Oh yeah, THIS TOO SHALL PASS !!! You know that we love you !!!

Unknown said...

I'm praying for you Markell. Praying for Cory's strength as well. Love you to pieces.
Demi

Unknown said...

I'm in prayer too. I love you

Unknown said...

Hello beautiful!!! I admire you and I am in continuos prayer for you. Yes, God is truly able. Much love, Roni

Unknown said...

Hello Markell,

I do not know you personally but I have heard a lot of great things about you. As you go through this journey, I pray that God continue to work through you and restore your health. The greatest thing about the God we serve is that he always shows up when things seem impossible. That is when God performs his best work. So continue to trust in him and lean on his word. Cry when you need to because you have that right. But after you have cried stand and continue to fight for the blessing and favor you deserve.

Unknown said...

To God be glory for your healing, strength & comfort. Much love for sister.

Post a Comment